Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I am obsessed with..


Morrocan style. I swear, If I could, I would decorate my whole house in this design. Maybe it might have something to do with my ongoing love affair with Middle East (on that later) or it might be the mystical feel that draws me back to the fairy tale land. Either that, the aesthetics of carved arch doorways, leather poufs and metal lanterns capture the imagination of a place, once remembered as holly, like a magical garden of secrets.
In Morroco, traditional house is called Riad, which in arabic means "garden". Riad is built on a base of a courtyard that usually includes few trees and a fountain. It also has an opened corridor which cools the house down when the weather is hot. They usually served as a residential places for wealthy families and you can find many of them today being turned into small hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment